The 2021 Salzburg Easter Festival - Change in Programming
- The opera Turandot with Anna Netrebko in the title role will be given in a concert version on account of the size and complexity of the work (it requires more than 250 participants).
- The seating plan of the Grosses Festspielhaus is also already being adapted. According to official specifications, the new seating plan will allow for some 1,400 audience members instead of the usual 2,200. As of today, the staff in our ticket office will be doing their very best to process your ticket orders as swiftly as possible. However, we ask for your understanding in advance, if we prove unable to fulfil your wishes for tickets to 100 percent.
- The ticket prices have been adjusted for the concert performances of the opera. You can find the current, reduced prices here.
- Only personalised tickets can be sold. We need your e-mail address and telephone number in the unlikely event that contact tracing becomes necessary.
The concert program will take place as planned:
- Hilary Hahn plays Mozart's A Major Concerto
- Sir Antonio Pappano is the 2021 guest conductor
- Denis Matsuev will play Grieg’s Piano Concerto
- Philippe Herreweghe to conduct Bach’s Mass in b minor
- Sir András Schiff will direct the "Concert for Salzburg" from the piano
- Read a message from Artistic Director Christian Thielemann and Managing Director Nikolaus Bachler here.
- Ticket orders for Patrons are now possible via firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, the allocation of tickets can only take place from October. We ask for your understanding. Single ticket sales will start on 1 December 2020.